When we say sustainability...
Just for the record, we also think sustainability is a buzz word.
We have spent a long time thinking about how to bring of the pillars of our charter: "We are good people who care about the planet and the people on it" into our product and brand.
We are a small team - one full time employee, one part time employee and two apprentices - so we don't have the bandwidth to be super sophisticated (...yet!). We choose to take meaningful steps, where we can. A few things we are proud of:
- Incorporated as a Public Benefits Corporation
- Partnered with Metric to measure and track key ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) metrics
- ZERO WASTE IN OUR PRODUCTION
- Compost our coffee grounds
- Upcycle the bags our coffee comes in. You can buy them from us at the Wicker Park Farmers Market
- Delivered by bicycle. We are proud to not emit any greenhouse gases with our delivery process. Plus its a great workout!
- Pay our supply chain partners a living, thriving wage
- Source organic and fair trade coffee, where we can and otherwise ensure our producer partners use restorative farming practices and are eco-conscious
- 100% female powered business, 66% certified fair trade and organic coffees, 66% female managed producers.
Have suggestions for how to make our business better? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!